Saturday, December 29, 2012

Colorful Canvas Paintings


Canvas paintings are fun, easy and a quick afternoon project.  I completed these in about an hour and a half. I started with three canvas' I bought at Michaels, some 3D stickers and craft paint.







I placed the 3D stickers onto the canvas to create a design.  I found these stickers at Michaels in the scrapbooking area.  They look like school glue made into designs.

Make sure they are pressed down well so they don't lift up when painting.






I worked quickly with the craft paint so that I could blend the colors somewhat around the edges to give it a bit more interest.  If the paint started to dry I would reapply it and blend again.

Have an idea of what design you would like and freestyle it!  This is quite hard for me since I am a very detailed artist but I wanted it to be simple, fun and bright.

Tip: If you paint something you don't like simply let it dry and paint over it.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. what a great trio! They made me smile. And oh, the bed below--love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela! The bed is in another one of my posts. http://throughmycreativemind.blogspot.com/2012/12/busy-as-bees.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little trio above your bed --- I love that you can paint over them if you mess up ---that would be me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your canvases are sooo pretty and colorful! Makes me long for spring.

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!!! I must make some! Thanks for sharing and linking up all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that look nice hoping i can do the same think and sell them too how much to sell them for

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...